Trivia and Stats
Real Name: Michael Lee Aday
Birth Date: September 27th 1947
Birthplace: Dallas, Texas, USA
Height: Between 5’10″ and 6′ (depending on the source)
Eye Colour: Hazel
Voice Type: Heldentenor
Parents: His father, Orvis Wesley Aday was a policeman in the Dallas Police force and his mother, Wilma was an English teacher.
Marital Status: He is married to Deborah Gillespie.
Children: He has two daughters from his previous marriage named Pearl and Amanda.
- He was given the nickname ‘Meat’ by his father when he was a baby because he was bright red. The ‘Loaf’ part of his name was added later.
- He was given the name Marvin Lee Aday when he was born but he changed his name in the 1980′s to Michael.
- He’s cheated death on a number of occasions and has suffered from 17 concussions.
- Despite his nickname, he’s not a big meat eater and has been a vegetarian in the past.
- Enjoys fantasy sports.
- He fell off the stage and broke his leg during a concert at Toronto in 1978 but finished the tour in a wheelchair.
- He is asthmatic and this caused him to collapse at a concert in Pittsburgh in 2011. Despite this he got up and completed the show.
- Attended Thomas Jefferson High School in Dallas.
- His favourite charity is The Painted Turtle and he has raised money for them on several occasions. His appearance on The Celebrity Apprentice in 2011 earned the charity $204,580.
- The two West Highland Terriers that have a appeared in several of his YouTube videos as well as the ‘In Search of Paradise’ documentary are called Angus and McKenna.
- Says that ‘Objects in the Rear View Mirror’ is the most emotional song for him to sing.
- According to the Q&A Videos he did for his Facebook fans in 2012, he is Lactose Intolerant.
- He underwent a knee replacement in November 2012.